On December 1, 2016 the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership hosted the 2nd Annual State of the Region conference in Seaside, CA. This regional event attracted hundreds of community leaders from throughout the Monterey Bay region to explore and showcase the elements that contribute to our community well-being including:
- Safe, affordable and accessible housing
- Well-being beyond traditional health care
- Education as the engine of well-being
- Activating our rivers as a key part in our community well-being
- Transportation system needed to optimize our health and community
Coastal Watershed Council Executive Director Greg Pepping and Big Sur Land Trust President Jeannette Tuitele-Lewis each presented on how rivers are a driving force that contribute to a thriving region and how we depend on rivers for much more than we might realize. Both Greg and Jeannette also shared about what’s next for the San Lorenzo and Carmel Rivers. The presentations culminated with a chat between these river champions and with questions from the crowd.
You can check out the State of the Region 2016 presentation today: