Action Projects Guide Overview
There are several ways we can all help protect our San Lorenzo River, the main source of drinking water for local residents and habitat for hundreds of incredible plant and animal species. This San Lorenzo River Action Projects Guide provides opportunities to learn about, explore, and protect the San Lorenzo River from inside your home, around your neighborhood, and along the Santa Cruz Riverwalk!
All-ages activities for youth, adults, and families. Some activities require adult supervision.
Through this action projects guide, you have opportunities to:
- Learn about river protection and create a poster to share with your family and neighbors.
- Research animals and plants of the San Lorenzo River and create an art project to share information with your community.
- Help monitor the health of the San Lorenzo River by taking a walk in your neighborhood and completing our Neighborhood Trash Study.
- Spend time along the Santa Cruz Riverwalk helping the Coastal Watershed Council maintain our native plant habitat enhancement site.
- Santa Cruz County Office of Education News & Food Programs: Parents are encouraged to call or email their child’s school or district prior to visiting the site in person if they have questions or need services beyond the food program available to their student or to pick up distance learning materials. Please find a master list of all Santa Cruz County food service distribution locations at http://sccoe.link/food_service. Please find an interactive map of all the food distribution locations and service times at http://sccoe.link/food_service_map.
- Speaking with your child about COVID
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency
- Santa Cruz County 211