- This event has passed.
First Friday: Ebb & Flow River Arts
June 2, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pmFREE
It’s time to go with the flow!
Ebb & Flow 2017 is going to be extraordinary. The theme this year is Stories of our River.
Here’s what’s in store for Ebb & Flow 2017
- Monthly River Tours led by artists and scientists– these tours will blend river awareness with reenactments of historical events.
- A permanent Public Art Installation at the Tannery Arts Center: reflecting the stories of the Tannery and the San Lorenzo, this installation will be community-designed and built and unveiled at the River Arts Celebration.
- Riverwalk Temporary Art Installations: 11 temporary art installations that tell river stories will be placed at river access points, highlighting the intersections of city and nature throughout June of 2017.
- First Friday will host a river critter scavenger hunt and install flood markers around downtown, showing water levels during major floods.
- Kinetic Art Parade: on June 3rd, 2017, dozens of kinetic sculptures will flow down the Riverwalk, pausing at each access point to unveil the temporary art installations. Would you like to build a sculpture for the Kinetic Art Parade? Would you like to walk along as part of the Parade? Click here for the Guidelines & Entry form and don’t forget our Hold Harmless form.
First Friday on Friday, June 2, 2017 will host:
- River critter scavenger hunt in downtown businesses
- Dance performances from Ebb & Flow artists
- An Artist Talk at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History by Camille Utterback on her installation – Vital Current – Seeking the San Lorenzo
- Night Walk along the Santa Cruz Riverwalk and much, much more!